Monday, July 6, 2009
Sunday, June 28, 2009
Monday, May 25, 2009
Monday, we grilled out at our house and chillaxed by the pool all day. Here are a few pics of the kids and Daddy enjoying themselves in the pool. Momma's taken pics...
Wednesday, May 20, 2009
Mommy had an amazing Mother's Day with her family. She had an especially touching moment at the Mother's Day Tea at Abby's school. We had yummy food, the kids sang a beautiful song for all of the mom's and were given amazing gifts that we will cherish forever.
One particular thing I will never forget for the rest of my life is when Abby ran off in the middle of singing the song. About half way through she started crying uncontrollably and ran off. I held her and then later asked her if everything was ok. I asked her what made her start crying and she told me she just loves me sooooooo much that it made her cry when she sang all the words.
Her teacher told me after they sang before I left that two of the kids, both her and Tyler, were balling all week long when they were learning the song. She didn't think she was going to be able to have the class sing it because the two of them got so emotional everytime they sang the song.
It was the sweetest thing I'd ever heard and seen. I am so grateful to our Lord for my amazing family. I have so much more than I could have ever imagined or deserve. My life is rich and my kids make me whole. They are amazing!
Monday, May 18, 2009
LOL. This past weekend Abby was playing around and decided to put her Build-A-Bear clothes on Parker Scott and a pink tulle bow from one of Mommy’s birthday presents. It was the most hilarious thing I had ever seen. It was crazy. He was such a pretty girl (Scott did not like it when I said that.) Ouch, I know. He's going to kill Abby and I when he gets bigger. When I looked at him – he looked exactly like Abby when she was a baby. I pulled out a few old pics of Abby with her famous bow and sure enough, they look alike. See for yourself!
More pics of P in his girlee suit...
Sunday, April 19, 2009
Our new wood stairs my honey made...
upstairs hallway railing. we're changing the hall carpet out to wood flooring soon as well... at least I've hired the contractor. Not sure if he has any conflicts for next weekend but I have him booked through 2010.... :) Good thing he lives with me, huh.
Evening of mommy's birthday. Cheesecake Factory. One of Mommy's Favs!
Then celebrated the Resurrection of our Lord & Saviour Jesus Christ. We pray that you all had a very blessed Easter week!!
At Abby's school this week it was Spirit Week so we were busy getting dressed up and having fun with that each day. Abby actually won 2x's out of the 5 days. She was so excited. When she came home I thought she had just won in her class and then she told me it was the entire school. I was so excited for her. We had fun together this week.
This weekend Abby had her friend Samantha spend the night. We hung out and baked a cake Friday evening. Got up Saturday morning and went Abby's volleyball game. Then went to lunch at Cheesecake Factory (momma's fav) and hung out in Southlake Town Square at the Barnes and Noble before heading on over to the the Main Event for some games and bowling.
Abby won her volleyball games!!
Sammy (as Abby calls her) and Abby at Main Event.
To close the post: The Sparkman Family wants to wish Miss Sydney Raye a Happy Birthday today! We love you, Sydney... I'm sure Parker is missing you today. Enjoy your day with Mommy! I hear you're going to the doctor again. We hope you can get better soon...
This is one of my fav pics from her blog.... Sydney Raye (the birthday girl) and her Mommy, Brittney - Happy One Year to you both! Aren't they both so beautiful...
Wednesday, March 25, 2009
We just thought we'd share with everyone for a small chuckle this morning. Of course after we're all done hysterically laughing, Abby asks, momma did I do that? lol. I told her no baby, you didn't do that. She said, thank goodness!
Anyway, the tooth has finally broken through the gum completely and Parker boy now has tooth number 1. Yet another milestone. Yay, Parker Scott!!!
Wednesday, March 4, 2009
Those of you that know Parker understand how blessed we are to have such an easy going, chilled, content baby. Here are a few things Parker Scott is doing these days:
1. clapping (a lot)
2. screaming: just to see how loud he can get until Mommy, Daddy or Abby say, "Parker, dude your killin' us". He gets SO loud it will hurt your ears. It's funny.
3. when he gets mad he blows bubbles at you. it's one of the more funny things he does. you would think he would blow bubbles when he's happy, nope!
4. when he's done with his jar food and doesn't want anymore, instead of just closing his mouth shut like he used to, he now blows the infamous bubbles. yes, spitting the food everywhere and I mean everywhere. you look down and there are little tiny spots of food all over your shirt, his and anything else in close proximity (just ask Ms. Jessica or Alyssa when they are feeding him at school).
5. he loves to play peek-a-boo
6. he stood up in his crib after a nap for the first time holding onto the bars a few weekends ago. Mommy cried, so sad my baby boy is getting so big already.
7. he crawls EVERYWHERE. backwards, forward, wherever - he sees something he wants, gone, baby gone!
8. he is trying to pull up on furniture, toys, etc. he hasn't quite got that down yet but that's coming real soon. stay tuned!
9. he cries the minute you walk into his room because he knows it's nite nite time. literally, we don't even make it to the crib before he starts in.
10. he doesn't recognize anyone wearing a hat. when we put a hat on he stares with a blank, inquisitive face. who is that???? why do they have that goofy thang on their head??? we talk to him, make funny faces, try to get him to laugh - nothing. pull the hat up/back and he starts smiling, BIG, oh, there's my Mommy or Daddy. it's precious!
11. he loves to grab noses. better watch out the next time you're holding him. he'll get yours too!
12. he takes toys away from other kids at school. lol. we're working on that.
13. he grunts when he wants something and will grunt for no reason at all (often). not sure what's going on with that.
14. he's wearing big boy clothes. he looks like a little man now.
15. he says ma-ma when he's hungry, tired, hurting, etc.
16. he says da-da when he's playing, screaming and having a great time.
17. he flips over to his stomach while trying to change his diaper on the changing table. for some crazy reason, he thinks he has somewhere else to go or be.
18. he loves his sister dearly. she can get him to smile anytime, anywhere! what a blessing to watch!
Those are just a few things off the top of my head that he is doing. He is the greatest thing to come home to after a long day at work. No matter what mood we're in, happy, sad, tired, struggled with the day, not feeling well - one look at that boy and our hearts just SMILE and forget anything previous to that moment!
We can only thank the Lord for that. He has and continues to pull us through dark difficult days and keeps us so alive in others. We are so undeserving of His unconditional love and blessings in our life. Thank you, Jesus for everything you have done and continue to do!
Parker, you'll never know what a difference you've made in our lives! We Love You, buddy...